WA Long-Term Care Program
Get Ready For Washington’s New Long-Term Care Program
Advanced Professionals Insurance & Benefit Solutions wants to help make sure you are prepared to help your clients as questions continue to arise about the new Washington Long Term Care Act. We have vetted the top information sources to deliver the information you and your clients need to navigate this new law.
General Information – Compliance Snapshot
- Employers are not required to contribute to the Program. Employers are required to collect premiums from Washington employees and remit them to the Washington State Employment Security Department.
- Beginning January 1, 2022, employers are required to collect premiums through a payroll deduction equal to 0.58% of employees’ wages (with no cap).
- Employees can receive an exemption from paying premiums if they have long-term care insurance before November 1, 2021 and apply for an exemption from October 1, 2021 through December 31, 2022.
- Employers are not required to take payroll deductions from exempted employees after they are notified of the exemption.
- For a detailed flyer on the WA Cares Long-Term Care program, please click the “download” button below.