Racism is an epidemic we need to end. We stand in solidarity with our AAPI friends, family, and colleagues. Join us in supporting and amplifying organizations and resources so we can protect Asian lives and advance racial equality. We’ve compiled a list of resources in the Bay Area and Seattle and will continue to update regularly.
Report instances of anti-Asian assault at StopAAPIHate.org
Ways to Support:
- Chinatown Ambassador Program – Join the volunteer foot patrol – Community Strolling – passing out red envelopes, building relationships with community members and visitors, cleaning up trash we see. Remove graffiti from businesses and murals, keep the sidewalks clean in Chinatown.
- Volunteer or organize programs in Seattle – API Chaya empowers survivors of gender-based violence and human trafficking to gain safety, connection, and wellness.
- Support Asian Immigrant Women Advocates – AIWA works with immigrant workers employed in the Bay Area’s garment, home care, hotel, restaurant, assembly and other low-wage industries, and low-income immigrant youth in Oakland.
- Asian Pacific Fund COVID-19 Recovery Fund – COVID-19 Recovery Fund to distribute funds among local nonprofits working to address critical pandemic issues, including the rise in anti-Asian racism, higher fatality rates, and longer unemployment, in the Bay Area.
- Support Red Canary Song – Centers base-building with migrant workers through a labor rights framework and mutual aid.
- National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum – NAPAWF seeks to build collective power with AAPI women and girls to gain full agency over lives, families, and communities.
- Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund – Help protect and promote the civil rights of Asian Americans by providing resources and advice to Asian American communities across the country.
If you’re in a position to give, these organizations and projects are a good place to start.